Sunday 19 August 2012

No Carbs before Marbs: Update ♥

Heyy lovelies,

So my intentions were great and I really thought it'd be a breeze avoiding carbs for a little while, but after like 2 (maybe even 1) days I gave in to the little devils. I didn't really think how difficult it would be to avoid them when going out, or when eating at other people's homes, because I couldn't exactly turn down their cooked meals because of the carbs. So anyway, hopes of toning up/losing weight that way failed pretty miserably.

With a week to go until my holiday though, I thought I'd try the Cabbage Soup Diet, which is basically a 7 day speedy diet where you eat cabbage soup, and each day you eat different specified foods as well as the soup in an attempt to drop a few pounds, which is pretty perfect really as I only want to lose a few, not loads. Today is my first day, so I've made my big batch of soup which is actually more of a vegetable soup than just cabbage, as it has green peppers, spring onions, mushrooms, tinned tomatoes, celery in and any spices you want to add too. It's actually pretty yummy (for now), not sure how I'll feel about it 7 days later but thats for another day.

Today I also have to eat fruit - any fruit I like except for Bananas. So i've stuck to watermelon, which was amazing and refreshing after lots of Rosé wine last night, strawberries, blueberries, and oranges. Tomorrow is a vegetables day where I eat any veg I want, especially green leafy ones..not really looking forward to that for breakfast but we'll see how it goes.

So far, not so hard, although I am getting a bit hungry, but I haven't had dinner yet so it's all good! :) I'll update daily on how it's going and if I can see any difference. :) wish me luck...again.


If anyone else has tried this, I'd love to hear how you got on, and what you thought?

x


*Picture taken from http://indian-teenage.in/balanced-diet/

2 comments:

  1. I did this diet about two years ago with my dad and neither of us lost weight. Having said that, its not a particularly hard one to be on and generally its healthy so even if you don't lose weight you can be safe in the knowledge that you haven't done yourself any harm. Stick at it and see what happens!
    Good luck baby
    Love
    GabriellaSofia
    http://hautefuture.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh noo lol. Yeahh I don't feel as bad about doing a quick diet with me actually eating real food and not processed stuff etc. I'll see how I get on and let you know if I'm happy with the results.

      xo

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...